What age children do you study?
- We have studies from birth to age 5. Currently we are recruiting preschoolers between 3-5 years and 8-10 month old infants and their parents.
- Fill out our contact form or email us with your name, contact information and child’s date of birth. You can also call us at 717-867-6191. We will then provide you with more information and schedule you for an appointment, and since we are open 7 days a week, you can choose a time convenient for you and your family. If your child is not currently within the age ranges for our ongoing studies, we can contact you when you do become eligible for a study.
- The entrance to Lynch Memorial Hall is along N White Oak Street (route 934) between Liberty and W Sheridan streets. Free parking is available in the gravel lot on Liberty street. Public on-street parking is also available on Sheridan and Church streets. A researcher will meet you at the building entrance to escort you to the lab.
- Each family will receive a children’s book as a thank you for participating.
- Yes, most of our studies examine infant vocal development through play with their parents. You and your child will play together in our play room.
- Absolutely! We have a waiting room with toys where they can play with a research assistant. If you are planning on bringing other children, please try to let us know in advance so that we can arrange for someone to supervise them.
- We learn the names of new parents through birth announcements published in local newspapers. We will also contact you if you responded to one of our ads, social media posts, or contacted us for more information.